Research Scientist Bioinformatics (f/m/d)
Evotec is a global, publicly listed biotechnology company with more than 3,000 employees at 13 sites, our headquarters are located in Hamburg. We do research on innovative approaches to drug discovery and development for and with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and academic institutions. By assembling top-class scientists, state-of-the-art technologies as well as substantial experience and expertise in key therapeutic areas including neuroscience, diabetes and complications of diabetes, pain and inflammation, oncology and infectious diseases, Evotec has established a unique leading position.
At Evotec’s headquarters in Hamburg, Germany, the Bioinformatics Team is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated
Research Scientist Bioinformatics (f/m/d) Full-time and permanent
with a keen interest in implementing and applying state of the art bioinformatics solutions to support target identification and drug discovery.
At Evotec, we are using advanced methods in Transcriptomics, Proteomics, CRISPR, and compound screening to generate large volumes of biological data. In close collaboration with wet-lab and project scientists, the bioinformatics teams analyze these data to generate knowledge about gene function and compound activities in various disease areas. As integral part of the data analysis, we develop our own pan-omics software platform.
Your key responsibilities:
- Analyze diverse omics data sets from platforms like (single cell) RNA-Seq, Nanopore sequencing, pooled CRISPR screens
- Develop methods and software tools for omics data analysis
- Work with researchers in interdisciplinary project teams in multiple research programs
- Guide project teams in the design of omics experiments and support the interpretation of omics data
Your ideal qualifications:
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or a related natural science discipline
- Experience in the analysis of NGS data
- Experience in single cell RNA-Seq and/or Nanopore sequencing is a plus
- Demonstrated strong programming skills in R and Python
- Proficiency in working with bioinformatics tools and understanding of common bioinformatics algorithms
- Knowledge of software development methodology (version control, testing, documentation) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital forming benefits, flexible working hours, holiday pay, and annual bonus depending on performance
To apply, please click here provide your application documents (CV and cover letter, including earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are looking forward to get to know you and to your application.